Japanese Language and Culture Course
The purpose of this course(JLC) is to teach Japanese language and Japanese culture to international students .The course consists of “Japanese Language" “Global Liberal Arts Subjects" taught in Japanese, and “Japan Studies" “Global Frontier classes" “Professional Education of the law faculty" taught in English. One of the features of this course is that it accepts students who are new to the Japanese language, and offers Japanese language classes from the beginner level. The course also offers classes on Japan studies and diverse themes in the English language.
*JLC is different from the preparatory course(Bekka).
Characteristics of the curriculums
• Various Levels of Japanese Language
JLC offers 7 levels of Japanese language from the beginner to advanced level so that students are able to take classes in accordance with their linguistic ability (level of Japanese proficiency).
• Japanology Classes in English
As well as "Japanese Language“ classes, varieties of "Japan Studies" classes are taught in English at JLC. Students are able to look at Japan from various perspectives and enhance knowledge of history, culture, literature, society, politics, science, and technology.
• "Global Frontier Classes" in English
Taught entirely in English, students will cultivate a high level of communication competency through these classes. Students will also develop capabilities for problem-solving needed in global business, and the attributes expected in internationally minded individuals.
Life and extra-curricular activities
• Cultural exchanges with other students in the dormitories
Kansai University has two dormitories for international students. In these dormitories, Resident Assistants who are students at Kansai University will live with international students to support their daily life. Since capacities of both accommodations are limited, in case the number of applications exceeds the capacity, the students will be assigned to other accommodations owned/managed by Kansai university.
• Various Activities
Students enrolled in the JLC can participate in varieties of activities with exchange students and Japanese students which give the JLC students great opportunities to learn Japanese culture and Japan studies.
• Kansai University Community
Students enrolled in the JLC will be immersed in school life as a member of the Kansai University community. Each student will be issued with student ID to use facilities at Kansai University such as the library and IT Center.
- Period of study
- One semester (half a year) or two semesters (one year)
- Tuition JPY500,000 per semester
*Living expense is NOT included. Please refer to the admission guide for more details.
- Students who meet all the following requirements:
(1) Those who are foreign nationals and have completed 12-year curriculum of schooling in their home country.
(2) Those who are enrolled in or have graduated from foreign universities or graduate schools.
(3) Those who have the ability to support themselves financially during their study in Japan.
※Contact Kansai University, if you possess dual nationality with Japan and other country.
- Application Period
- April Admission 2022: September 3, 2021 (Fri.) - October 18, 2021 (Mon.)
September Admission 2022: March 1, 2022 (Tue.) - April 15, 2022 (Fri.)
- Application Procedure
- Please read the course guide carefully, and send the application package to Kansai University Center for International Education by the deadline.
- Course guide and Application form
- 日本語 English
Academic Calendar (tentative : for reference only)
|Spring Semester (April-September)||Fall Semester (September-March)|
|Acceptance of application||Must be received by mid October||Must be received by mid April|
|Notification of results||Late December||Late June|
|Visa Application||Around February||Around August|
|Entry into Japan||Late March||Early September|
|Classes begin||Early April||Mid September|
|Casses end||Mid July||Mid January|
|Examinations||Late July||Mid-Late January|
|Graduation ceremony||Late July||Late January|
|Announcement of grades||Early September||Mid March|
|Semester ends||Mid September||End of March|