Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Course
This course is offered for two to three weeks in summer and winter to deepen participants' understanding of Japanese language, culture and society.
In addition to learning Japanese, participants can feel more familiar with Japan through field trips, experiencing Japanese culture, and interacting with Kansai University students.
*IJLC is different than the preparatory course (Bekka).
Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Course (2 to 3 weeks)
The program will be limited to 45 participants in principle.
★About 10 to 12 participants per class
★Minimum number of participants: If the number of participants is less than 10 for each class, classes will not be held.
- 【Primary Class】
- This class is for students who can read, write and type Hiragana and Katakana and understand basic Japanese.
(This class is equivalent to JLPT N5 level*. The first half of primary class)
* N5 level: Please refer to the website, “JLPT Japanese-Language Proficiency Test”.
<Reading> One is able to read and understand typical expressions and sentences written in Hiragana, Katakana, and basic Kanji used in daily life.
<Listening> One is able to listen and comprehend conversations about topics regularly encountered in daily life and classroom situations, and is able to pick up necessary information from short conversations spoken slowly.
- 【Primary-Intermediate Class】
- This class is for students who can understand and use basic Japanese.
(This class is equivalent to JLPT N4 - N3 level. The second half of primary class)
- 【Intermediate-Advanced Class】
- This class is for students who have advanced to the intermediate level of Japanese language and have the ability to communicate in basic Japanese.
(This class is equivalent to JLPT N2 or higher)
Comments from Participating Students
- Summer 1 :
About 3 weeks in June
Summer 2 :
About 3 weeks in July
Winter 1 :
About 3 weeks from mid-January to early February
Winter 2 :
About 2 weeks from mid-February to late February
- The fees depend on the duration of stay and the type of accommodation. For details, check the Course Guide. Please refer to the Course Guide for reference if the applications have closed.
- Kansai University Minami-senri International Plaza
- Eligible Participants
- Students who have foreign nationality and are enrolled in a college or university, or those who have graduated from college or university within one year of starting the course.
- Application Period
- The applications will be closed approximately two and a half months prior to the start of the program, although it depends on whether students wish to participate in the summer or winter programs. Please note that applications will be closed approximately three months prior to the start of the program, especially when there are long holidays such as the year-end and New Year holidays.
- Application Procedure
- Applications have been closed due to reaching the fixed number.
Please read the course guide carefully. 日本語 English
Apply by Online registration form and send the necessary application documents by email to Center for International Education, Kansai University (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by the due date. Please be reminded that even if you complete your application procedure, your participation is not guaranteed. You will receive confirmation of your participation and whether or not the course is held by email approximately one week after the application deadline.
Please follow all procedures (1) through (4).
(1) Apply by Online Registration Form
(2) Face Photograph (Color photo taken within 3 months)
(3) Certification document issued by the university or other institution where the applicant is enrolled or graduated
(Scanned copy of student’s ID, Certificate of Enrollment or Certificate of Graduation, etc.)
(4) Scanned copy of passport ID page with your photo
* Please be careful not to make a mistake when sending personal information.