Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Course
This course is offered for two to three weeks in summer and winter to deepen participants' understanding of Japanese language, culture and society.
In addition to learning Japanese, participants can feel more familiar with Japan through field trips, experiencing Japanese culture, and interacting with Kansai University students.
*IJLC is different than the preparatory course(Bekka).
The applications for Winter 2023 are not be open to the public.
Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Course (2 to 3 weeks)
Class Levels: 3 levels
This is an introductory class for students with a very basic knowledge of Japanese who can read Hiragana, Katakana and understand basic Japanese such as greetings. This class is equivalent to *JLPT N5 level or lower.
*JLPT: Japanese Language Proficiency Test
*Before starting IJLC, reading, writing and typing of Hiragana, Katakana and basic Japanese such as greetings need to be acquired.
Beginner-Intermediate (Lower) Class
This class is for students who can understand and use basic Japanese. This class is equivalent to JLPT N4 - N3 level.
Intermediate (Upper)-Advanced Class
This class is for students who have studied and acquired beginner level of Japanese and have started studying intermediate Japanese. The students should be able to communicate with others using basic Japanese. This class is equivalent to JLPT N2 and higher.
★Number of Participants per Class
Maximum 15 students per class
(Class will be cancelled if there are fewer than minimum number of participants.)
★Class may vary depending on the course.
Please refer to the course guide for more details.
Comments from Participating Students
- Summer :
Monday, July 11, 2022 - Tuesday, August 2, 2022 (23 days, Online course) The course has been completed.
Winter 1 :
Scheduled for 3 weeks from mid-January, 2023 The applications are not be open to the public.
Winter 2 :
Scheduled for 2 weeks from mid-February, 2023 The applications are not be open to the public.
- Fees（For reference）
- Online Course: JPY 109,000 (Summer, 2022)
Face-to-face Course: Approximately JPY 140,000 to JPY 260,000 (including accommodation fees)
※The fees vary depending on the period of time and the type of accommodation.
- Kansai University Minami-senri International Plaza
- Eligible Participants
- Students who have foreign nationality and are enrolled in a college or university, or those who have graduated from college or university within one year of starting the course.
- Application Period
Monday, December 20, 2021 - Friday, May 6, 2022 The course has been completed.
- Application Procedure
- Please read the course guide carefully. Online registration form can be accessed from the QR code or the link as follows. Please send the necessary application documents by email to Center for International Education, Kansai University (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by the due date.
- Course guide（For reference）
- 日本語 English 简体中文 繁体中文 한국어
- Application Documents
- (1) Online Registration Form Summer 2022
The course has been completed.
(2) Face Photograph (Color photo taken within 3 months)
(3) Certification Document issued by the university or other institution where the applicant is enrolled or graduated.
(Scanned copy of student’s ID, Certificate of Enrollment or Certificate of Graduation, etc.)
※To those who need a visa for a face-to-face course in Japan : scanned copy of passport (the page which your photo and passport number are included)