Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Course
This course is offered for two to three weeks in summer and winter to deepen participants' understanding of Japanese language, culture and society.
In addition to learning Japanese, participants can feel more familiar with Japan through field trips, experiencing Japanese culture, and interacting with Kansai University students.
*IJLC is different than the preparatory course(Bekka).
Only online courses will be offered for Winter 1 and 2, 2022.
Class Levels: 3 levels
This is an introductory class for students with a very basic knowledge of Japanese who can read Hiragana, Katakana and understand basic Japanese such as greetings. This class is equivalent to *JLPT N5 level or lower.
*JLPT: Japanese Language Proficiency Test
*Before starting IJLC, reading, writing and typing of Hiragana, Katakana and basic Japanese such as greetings need to be acquired.
Beginner-Intermediate (Lower) Class
This class is for students who can understand and use basic Japanese. This class is equivalent to JLPT N4 - N3 level.
Intermediate (Upper)-Advanced Class
This class is for students who have studied and acquired beginner level of Japanese and have started studying intermediate Japanese. The students should be able to communicate with others using basic Japanese. This class is equivalent to JLPT N2 and higher.
★Number of Participants per Class
Maximum 15 students per class
(Class will be cancelled if there are fewer than minimum number of participants.)
★Class may vary depending on the course.
Please refer to the course guide for more details.
Comments from Participating Students
- Winter 1 :
Thursday, January 13, 2022–Thursday, February 3, 2022 (22 days, Online course)
Winter 2 : Monday, February 14, 2022 – Monday, February 28, 2022 (15 days, Online course)
Summer 1 :
3weeks from the early June, 2022
Summer 2 :
3weeks from the early July, 2022
- Online Course: JPY77,500 JPY109,000
Face-to-face Course:Refer to the fees for Winter and Summer, 2021
2weeks: Around JPY134,000-JPY164,000
3weeks: Around JPY200,000-JPY258,000
*Accommodation fee is included.
*The fees vary with the type of accommodation. Please refer to the course guide for more details.
- Kansai University Minami-senri International Plaza
- Eligible Participants
- Students who have foreign nationality and are enrolled in a college or university, or those who have graduated from college or university within one year of starting the course.
- Application Period
Monday, August 2, 2021 – Friday, November 19, 2021
- Application Procedure
- Please read the course guide carefully. Online registration form can be accessed from the QR code or the link as follows. Please send the necessary application documents by email to Center for International Education, Kansai University (email@example.com ) by the due date.
- Course guide
- 日本語 English 简体中文 繁体中文 한국어
- Application Documents
- (1) Online Registration Form
(2) Face Photograph (Color photo taken within 3 months), Scanned datum of student’s ID, Certificate of Enrollment from university (Certification Document issued by the university or other educational institution where the applicant is enrolled or affiliated.)
※To those who need a visa for a face-to-face course in Japan : scanned copy of passport
(the page which your photo and passport number are included)