Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Course
This course is offered for two to three weeks in summer and winter to deepen participants' understanding of Japanese language, culture and society.
In addition to learning Japanese, participants can feel more familiar with Japan through field trips, experiencing Japanese culture, and interacting with Kansai University students.
*IJLC is different than the preparatory course(Bekka).
Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Course (2 to 3 weeks)
Class Levels: 3 levels
This class is equivalent to *JLPT N5 level.
*JLPT: Japanese Language Proficiency Test
*Before starting IJLC, reading, writing and typing of Hiragana, Katakana and basic Japanese such as greetings need to be acquired.
※This class is for students who can read and write hiragana and katakana as well as type, and understand basic Japanese.
This class is equivalent to JLPT N4 - N3 level.
※This class is for students who can understand and mostly use elementary level Japanese.
This class is equivalent to JLPT N2 and higher.
※This class is for students who have advanced to the intermediate level and can communicate in basic Japanese.
★Number of Participants per Class
Maximum 15 students per class
(Class will be cancelled the minimum number of participants is less than 10)
★Class may vary depending on the course.
Please refer to the course guide for more details.
Comments from Participating Students
- Summer 1 :
Thursday, June 1, 2023 - Saturday, June 24, 2023
Summer 2 :
Monday, July 3, 2023 - Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Winter 1 :
Scheduled for 3 weeks starting mid-January 2024
Winter 2 :
Scheduled for 2 weeks starting mid-February 2024
Face-to-face Course: Approximately JPY 160,000 to JPY 310,000 (including accommodation fees and overseas travelers' personal accident insurance)
※The fees vary depending on the period of time and the type of accommodation.
- Kansai University Minami-senri International Plaza
- Eligible Participants
- Students who have foreign nationality and are enrolled in a college or university, or those who have graduated from college or university within one year of starting the course.
- Application Period
Monday, December 19, 2022 - Friday, March 17, 2023
- Application Procedure
- Please read the course guide carefully. Online registration form can be accessed from the link as follows. Please send the necessary application documents by email to Center for International Education, Kansai University (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by the due date.
- Course guide（For reference）
- 日本語 English
- Application Documents
- (1) Apply via Online Registration Form Summer 2023
(2) Face Photograph (Color photo taken within 3 months)
(3) Certification Document issued by the university or other institution where the applicant is enrolled or graduated.
(copy of student’s ID, Certificate of Enrollment or Certificate of Graduation, etc.)
(4) Scanned copy of passport ID page with your photo