In 2021, the Global Retailing Program (GR Program) is added to the Professional Research Course Master’s Degree curriculum at the Graduate School of Business and Commerce. After students have obtained the required credits, a GR Program Certificate of Completion will be offered, in addition to the Master’s Degree.
Globalization in retailing and platform business operations has been advancing. Global dynamism, which involves the movement of people, goods, money, services and information, etc., is becoming increasingly more complex. Our GR Program tackles the challenges facing retailing and provides the perspectives, knowledge and experiences to understand global retailing. In this way, the GR Program aims to create business leaders to work actively at the forefront of distribution and retailing in Asia.
Point 1: A pioneer program focusing on global retailing
- Distinguished professors belong to the GR Program, with intimate knowledge of retailing not only in the UK, EU and US, but also in Japan, China, Korea and ASEAN member countries, and they will provide insights on global retailers through joint research seminars.
- The students of GR Program will interact with foreign graduate students through overseas workshops.
Point 2: An approach incorporating both theory and practice
- The GR Program grasps the essence of retailing by examination of historical, theoretical and practical perspectives, with both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Students in the GR Program will learn the most advanced theories and analytical methods of global retailing through lectures.
- The students of GR Program will take part in various internship programs in global retailing firms.