Kansai University has over 700 researchers, many of whom are engaged in unique international activities. To share information of such activities with a wide range of people inside and outside the university, we publish here the online Casebooks of International Activities at Kansai University.
The 12th casebook showcases the activity of Professor Hideyuki Shiroshita in the Faculty of Societal Safety Sciences: Joint Student Seminar between the Hideyuki Shiroshita Seminar at Kansai University and the Shyh-Yuan Maa Seminar at Ming Chuan University.
The Shiroshita seminar has held joint seminars with Ming Chuan University in Taiwan since 2015. This casebook features an interview with Associate Professor Shiroshita about international exchanges with an overseas university, and the voices of students who participated in the latest joint seminar.
We will continue sharing information of unique activities at Kansai University, to show that “Kandai has many human treasures.” Keep checking here for more.
Hideyuki Shiroshita, Faculty of Societal Safety Sciences: Joint Student Seminar between the Hideyuki Shiroshita Seminar at Kansai University and the Shyh-Yuan Maa Seminar at Ming Chuan University (in PDF format)
Click here for the previous Casebooks of International Activities at Kansai University (in Japanese).
(1) Tadao Oikawa, Faculty of Chemistry, Materials and Bioengineering: International Exchanges between Science and Engineering Students at Kansai University, and researchers and students in Germany
(2) Naoki Egawa. Faculty of Environmental and Urban Engineering: Measurement Survey at Kampong Phluk, Cambodia, and Continuous Research on the Transformation of the Village
(3) Xueyan Liu, Faculty of Sociology: Joint Study Meeting between the School of Journalism and Communication, Renmin University of China, and the Media Studies Major, Faculty of Sociology, Kansai University
(4) Akira Takamasu, Faculty of Sociology: Overseas Study Trips of Seminar Members (to Vietnam and China)
(5) Katsutoshi Yada, Faculty of Business and Commerce: International Workshop at Ghent University, Belgium
(6) Toshihiro Uemura, Faculty of Engineering Science: German-Korea-Japan Triangular Partnership Education Program
(7) Shigeo Atsuji, Faculty of Informatics: Advisory Board of KIRAS by FFG (advisory director of the disaster reduction program in Austria)
(8) Yoshinobu Kajikawa, Faculty of Engineering Science: Research Exchange Symposiums with Chung Yuan Christian University (CYCU), Taiwan
(9) School of Law: Overseas Externships from the School of Law
(10) Hideaki Takahashi, Faculty of Foreign Language Studies: Seminar Research Presentations and Cultural Exchanges in South Korea—Practicing English as a lingua franca
(11) Katsuhiko Kitagawa, Faculty of Economics: International Symposiums on Asian and African Regional Studies and the Kansai University Asian and African Studies Group (AASG)